Mission of Americans for Intelligence Reform (AIR)
- To depoliticize and de-weaponize our intelligence agencies. Our intelligence agencies need to be retooled to serve the national security of the United States, instead of certain domestic and/or foreign political agendas as we have recently seen.
- To restore the ability of our intelligence workers to identify who our enemies are by eliminating political correctness and other ideologies from intelligence analysis.
- To improve educational standards within each intelligence agency so that intelligence workers assigned to work a particular country, or region of the world, actually know something about that country or region—including its history, religion(s), and politics.
- Require of all political appointees to upper-level positions in our intelligence agencies to attend a series of briefings and/or classes given by subject matter experts on each major area of the world—before they are allowed to take up their positions. This will give these individuals the tools they need to more properly brief the President and/or members of Congress about national security issues when called upon to do so.
- Restore the practice of espionage to the CIA so that adequate human intelligence (humint) can be provided to the analysts at Headquarters. The Obama era policy of eliminating our humint capabilities while forcing the U.S. to depend entirely on allies or “partners” for humint leaves U.S. analysts hostage to the “good will” of those allies and/or “partners.” Humint, sigint, and osint are the three pillars supporting the intelligence structure. Remove anyone of those pillars and the entire edifice comes tumbling down, along with our ability to perform proper analysis of events and issues.
These five steps will vastly improve the ability of our intel analysts in all of our
agencies to do their jobs, and ensure that the super grades at the top are getting valid,
correct information. It will thus prevent their being surprised by events such as 9/11, the rise of ISIS,
Orlando, San Bernadino, Ft. Hood and many others, as we have seen recently.
In recent years, The CIA has become far more involved in advancing a political agenda and has become involved in domestic political issues. The CIA has lost sight of the reason for it’s own existence and that is to obtain valuable intelligence using espionage to protect the United States of America, its citizens and also represent the policies of our Nation overseas.
“The overall objective of AIR is to make the CIA stronger, smarter and the most effective intelligence agency in the world. A strong, effective CIA is absolutely fundamental to US National Security and the safety of our citizens.”